Monday, August 17, 2009

And so begins my quest to visit 1,000 places before I die...

My father says that I'm always on the first bus out of town and he's very right. I have always wanted to see new places and new things and I try to take advantage of any opportunity to do just that. I love watching the travel channel, so it feels like everyday I am visiting a new place. Mostly I think "why is Samantha Brown doing Neely Brown's dream job?" So Travel Channel- if you are ever reading this- please hire me! haha.
I started reading "1,000 Places To See Before I Die" when I took a job that sent me all over the USA for weeks at a time. I found I had nothing to do in these random places across the country on the weekends and so began my quest to visit all 1,000 places. I still have SO MANY places to visit but hopefully I have plenty of time left in my life to visit them all.
This blog is basically my travel journal. I am not a writer so any spelling and grammar errors- please look over. If you can't ignore them, I suggest you ignore this blog. :) Since I am starting this blog a couple years after I started my quest to visit all 1,000 places- some of my posts will be my memories of visiting places in the book. I will try to post pictures of these places along the way but honestly- I am horrible at uploading pictures... I am actually horrible about finishing projects I start- so we'll see how long this blog even lasts.
Please join me on my journey to visit all 1,000 places before I die!

Safe travels! ~Neely

No comments:

Post a Comment